Friday 5 December 2014

Creating The Elves


So I'm taking a break from designing the "nordic" race to begin on the elves, my initial approach was to make them very acrobatic and graceful but I felt this was a bit stereotypical, which is something I am trying to stay away from in my IP. So I went back to the drawing board and came up with the second design, with this one I am trying to make them look more aggressive and very animistic, which I think the second design is getting across (though not enough), also trying to incorporate a few design elements from the "nords" to give the world a sense of continuity, going to carry on working on the elves tomorrow though, stay stay tuned for more, early days yet.



This next piece is me exploring how the elves would live, I want their homes to look very organic, as much a part of the forest as the trees are. This first idea is almost like a bee hive, with all these spherical buildings clumped together on the tree's forming one mass, still more work to do on that too. Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment