Monday 12 October 2015

Art Test

 
So I have not been feeling so great for the past few days, dam winter bringing along it's infectious colds! Which means I haven't got a lot to show you, so I thought it was time I showed you guys an art test I did for a job, a few weeks back. As you can guess I didn't get the job but it was a great learning experience.
 
The brief was pretty straight forward, create a environment and two tank sprites for a top down tank battler, the theme and design was completely up to me. As you can see above I ended up going for a sci-fi/war of the worlds vibe, where the player would play as a human tank battling invading alien forces.
 
This was a lot of firsts for me, sprite design and top down design were things I had never done before, so I just approached them in the same way I would do any other design. I created about eight designs for each tank sprite and then rendered out my favourite one, trying to make sure they were easy to read, as you would view them from the top. The environment was again designed with readability in mind, the player needed to be able to see clear paths they could move around.
 
Hope you like it, it' not one of my favourite pieces I have ever done but I would love to do more in the future. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment