Thursday 8 January 2015

Elven Weapon Designs





Not a huge update today because I'm still finishing up other work, on the plus side though I finally finished my futures work and had some time to squeeze in some sketchbook work! As I had already done a load of weapon designs for my nords I though it was only fair that I did some for the elves. I didn't have a solid idea for what I wanted apart from the fact I knew they had to be knives, so I looked at everything from throwing knives to knuckle duster style knives and even kunai. As you can see on the second page of sketches I went with the knuckle duster knives, I wanted something that was very fast and agile, allowing the elves to get up close and personal really quickly. 


Also to make sure I had covered everything I threw them into Photoshop and turned them into  silhouettes to see what shapes worked and what didn't. I found that a lot of them looked to "spikey" which I wasn't wanting, the much softer curves seemed to work better. Going to take all this and start designing some fully rendered knives, who knows there might be colour! Till next time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment