Thursday 2 July 2015

Knights Of The Round Table

So seen as though I have a fair bit of time on my hands, what with it being summer (and hating the sun and all that). I have decided to start a project in a similar vein to what I did with my honours project, to create a world from the ground up using just my concept art. The theme is basically a futuristic version of king Arthur and the knights of the round table, so lots of robotic suits of armour and dastardly AI is going to be designed!

I'm hoping to push a few new techniques in this project, mainly to start branching into making 3D sculpts of some of these helmets and future designs, so that I can really focus on becoming a professional character designer. I also want to play around with animating some of my paintings, to give them a bit more life.

Above is the very first designs for what I potentially want one of these knights to look like. I took a bunch of reference images of medieval helmets and basically went to town making them look futuristic. The most important thing for me though was to retain that look of a knights helmet, so keeping the thin vision slit and having the angled face plates really helped with this. I hope you guys like them and are looking forward to seeing the rest of the project grow. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment