Sunday 3 January 2016

Back From The Dead

 
It's a new year and that means it's about time I kicked myself back into gear with my art! I think it's been about three months now since my last update, surprised the blog hasn't started collecting cobwebs. My lack of activity has been down to a multitude of things, starting a part time job and actually getting some freelance work (which unfortunately I can't tell you about) it's real though, honest!
 
So how am I going to motivate myself then?? Simple, I'm going to do Noah Bradley's 21 day art challenge, which simply put is to create a piece of art every day for 21 days........he explains it much better in his blog, so go have a look (https://medium.com/@noahbradley/21-days-to-be-a-better-artist-48087576f0dd#.7a8v2d92k).
 
Above is day one, for me personally I'm trying to achieve a few things, one is to get back into a routine of painting daily, two, improve my speed so that it doesn't take me days to finish a piece. Three to concentrate on the piece as a whole and not get bogged down with details and finally to conquer my fear of landscapes/environment's! The first piece is a step in the right direction, I didn't zoom in at all when painting it, shock horror! but there is still a long way to go, 20 days in fact ;) Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment