Saturday 6 June 2015

George Morland Master Study

 
I've been working on another study piece today and I think I'm probably going to leave it at this stage. I really struggled with the natural parts of the paintings, such as the shrubs and foliage, unlike rocks which you can paint with sharp edges and nice blocky shapes, foliage is very random. I did however have a lot of fun painting the clouds, with a nice texture brush you can get some nice shapes laid down very quickly.
 
I think for the next stage of trying to conquer environments I'm going to study some plants, from  flowers to trees, I want to get a real understanding of how to brake them down into simple recognisable shapes. Hopefully this means I will be able to easily replicate them in my environments, without having to render every leaf and blade of grass. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment